Pre-requisites for this documentation :
1. Content Management System.
2. What is wordpress.
WordPress is a powerful tools to develop website.Theme’s term basically refer to the front end design of wordpress website. It is , we can say act like skin of website. In wordpress we can install a theme even can switch among themes.
We can change or switch amonge themes , without changing anything in code.
A WordPress theme contains :
• Front End Design of website.
• Color theme
• Sidebar and widgets locations.
• Page layout representations.
• Blog post representation styles
A wordpress theme can be paid , free , or customized. We can buy theme license from various theme provider organization. One should take care about updation’s time with theme before purchasing it. Premium themes usually have a reliable code base and offer support if something goes wrong.
Thousands of themes are available which are free. One can use these by following proper guidelines.
Customization of themes is also possible. A wordpress theme is made with HTML ( Hypertext markup language) and CSS ( Cascading style sheets ).One can design his own theme by properly following the guidelines with , HTML, CSS and Bootstrap.
Ways to install :
There are two ways to install a wordpress theme:
1. Manually installation of theme With FTP client.
2. Theme installation with wordpress admin dashboard of website.
Manually installation of theme With FTP client.
FTP ( file transfer protocol ) is the standard network protocol used to transfer files between client and server on computer network.
Get your FTP server credentials
Step 1 : Login to the web hosting account
Step 2: Fill out the following information
1. FTP server Url 2. User name 3. Password
If you do not have these information’s, contact your web hosting provider.
FileZilla is having user friendly interface. We recommend it for FTP.
Step 1: Download theme on computer to upload on server
Search a free wordpress theme online. We can get this from wordpress.org also. When we click to download button, it will download in the form of ZIP format
Simply extract it after downloading.
Installation on server
Follow the following steps to upload or install theme via FTP :
1. Login to server account By using FTP server URL, username and password.
2. When we logged in into the account , we have to navigate through wp-content/themes/folder.
3. We have to upload our unzipped theme folder onto server wp-content/themes/ folder. We can do this by simply drag and drop option.
4. Once the upload complete, oue theme will display in wp-content/themes/customizr in our server.
We can now connect to our WP admin dashboard, open the appearance > theme’s page and now we can see the uploaded theme.
Installation of WordPress theme from Admin Dashboard :
1. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes > Add New.
2. From there you’ll see an option for “Upload” at the top of the screen. Click the “Browse” button, navigate your computer files and select the .ZIP file for your downloaded extension.
Thank You for reading our blog. If you find it informal you subscribe on our website for future updates.
Other Related Blogs
1. Know about WordPress.
2. WordPress A powerful tool to develop creative websites
3. Plugin : Powerful tool of WordPress.
4. What is Permalink in WordPress.